Personal Impact for Women – A Masterclass
Leading the session: Lisa Akesson, International Communication Skills Trainer & Specialist Voice Coach
With an English Degree and a love of the theatre, she trained as an Actress and then specialised in Voice Coaching at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in London and is also a master practitioner of NLP.
Lisa has worked with many distinguished clients across the world in the international business, public & corporate sectors including Bloomberg, Coca Cola, Barclays, CNN, Cisco and the NHS, and was invited to speak on BBC Radio 4 Women’s Hour on how “Women MPs and businesswomen can effectively use their voices to be heard”.
Her passion has always been about people, language and communication and she has a particular interest in empowering women to become impactful leaders.
What is Personal Impact? We certainly recognise it when we see it in others. That powerful presence that captures you when someone walks into the room, gives a pitch, chairs a meeting, leads a team, powerfully influences or speaks in public. The truth is we are constantly creating an impact on those around us, whether we take centre stage or sit quietly in a corner. People pick up on everything about us and swiftly evaluate; how we dress, our body language, what we say and how we say it.
As a woman, standing out, being seen and heard, having impact and exuding confidence are essential skills if you want to be taken seriously, move up the career ladder, take on leadership roles or run your own business.
Whatever your professional profile, however skilled you are, you will always be remembered for the impact you make. The question is, what kind of impact are you creating and is it getting you the recognition, validation and success you deserve?
Reasons to attend:
- If you want to understand how quickly we make impressions and what you need to do in order to have “Personal Impact”
- If you want to come across with authority and be seen as the expert in your field
- If you want to stand out, have presence and be confident
- If you want to have a voice that has gravitas and is heard
- If you want to be seen as a credible and respected leader
You will discover how to:
- Find your physical presence and own your space
- Discover skills and techniques to help manage your nerves, compose yourself and come across with confidence
- Use eye contact, hand gestures and pause to strengthen your message
- Unlock your voice and be heard with power and strength
- Flex your behavioural style to powerfully influence others
- Be memorable
Friday June 30
10:00am for 10:30 start – 2:30pm
Includes light lunch